(A major threat to the Greater Blue Mountains World Heritage Area)
The Society opposes the proposed Western Sydney Airport
as it impacts the environment of the Greater Blue Mountains
and threatens its world heritage listing.
- Media Release- Campaign Against Second Airport Grows [26 August 2015]
- Badgerys Creek - Unsuitable for an Airport
- Why Do I Oppose Badgerys Creek Airport?
- Fast Rail - Not Another Airport
- Nepean Micro-climate: a bad fit for airport
- Protecting the environment in planning for a new airport and road expansion
- Dirty Jet Travel
- No Badgerys Creek Airport (Blue Mountains) website
- FLIGHT TRACKER
This is a handy tool to figure out how much noise a plane makes at what heights.
It shows altitude and speed of planes, as well as type, direction, destination etc
- BIRDS NOT BOENGS - Residents Against Western Sydney Airport (RAWSA)
WHAT CAN I DO?
- Write letters to politicians
- Tell Paul Fletcher (Minister for Urban Infrastructure) we don't want the airport and why.
- Send copies of your letters to Shadow Ministers Tony Burke (Environment) and Anthony Albanese (Infrastructure) and to local Federal Member Susan Templeman.
- Write to newspapers.
- Join our sub-committee (email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Talk to your friends and family.
- Talk to your neighbours.
- Spread the word on Facebook
- Sign petitions
- Keep informed—watch our Website and Facebook Page.
- "Like" our articles on Facebook and share them on Twitter.
CONTACTS FOR POLITICIANS
Postal address for Federal Politicians is:
PO Box 6022,
House of Representatives,
Canberra, ACT 2600.
Other contact details:
Josh Frydenberg: (email
Minister for the Environment
Tony Burke: (email ) Shadow Minister for Environment
Paul Fletcher: (email ) Minister for Urban Infrastructure
Anthony Albanese: (email ) Shadow Minister for Infrastructure
Susan Templeman: (email ) Member for Macquarie